- Support for multiple SSDs of mixed sizes and types
- Concatenation of two or more SSDs into a single caching volume
- SSD mirroring for “Safe Write-Back” caching
- A maximum cache size increase from 1TB to 2TB
- 2,048 accelerated objects can be stored in each cache, up from the earlier release’s 255
The company prides itself in the ease with which the software and a server-side SSD can be added to a system without otherwise changing its storage architecture.
With the “Safe Write Back” feature the FlashSoft software has been upgraded Continue reading
SSD maker OCZ has been on something of a tear recently, introducing three new solid state storage products in three weeks:
- Two weeks ago the company introduced the Z-Drive R4 CloudServ PCIe SSD, designed for the data center, in single-card capacities ranging from 300GB-16TB. This product can transfer data at multiple gigabytes per second rates to deliver over a million IOPS.
- Last week saw the introduction of the OCZ-SANRAD VXL enterprise storage accelerator, after OCZ’s January acquisition of SANRAD. This product is flash cache acceleration software for VMware ESX and Citrix Xen virtualized environments that allows Continue reading